Friday, February 26, 2010

Windy,windy


The wind is unbelievable this morning-gusts to 60. I am so glad that we dodged the blizzard bullet this time, tho I feel badly for the folks in PA and NY. Have definitely had enough snow to last a lifetime. I am checking on "sick"mare, hoping she is still holding her own. The antibiotic seems to be giving her some advantage but we are not out of the woods yet, as my vet says. But she is good enough that I am going to skip town and make the basketball tournament. It is at least 5 hrs to Roanoke ,so I want to be gone by noon. I was so disgusted with cleaning stalls of snowbound horses that I finally threw them all out in back field and they went crazy ,running around. I did leave the older boys out in their big paddock and I'm sure they rode out the wind in their run-in. I relented when the winds started to blow and brought the mares and babies in last night , but they are going out today! The mares who are foaling in soon are up by the barn and they will come in with Chessie , the sick one. So, my long -suffering husband only has a few stalls to do hopefully. And hopefully he does not have to foal anybody!! I just looked outside and thought I saw some new bare ground patches!! Then , I looked closer and realized I was looking at roof shingles!! Yikes, they have blown off the roof- not good. Wish me luck driving down Rt 81 in this wind, think I'll take the truck, the Mini might become airborne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment