Thursday, February 11, 2010

Still digging out from second snow


Ok enough with the snow. I have had enough snow to last for many years. It was past being fun for a few days, this was just hard, hard work. Trudging thru snowdrifts up to your thighs causes the kind of muscle ache reserved for Lance Armstrong and his"Tour" days. Not me . Even the horses are really tired , the broodmares look at me and sigh- not again!
One of the yearlings kept busting a fence rail and getting in with the geldings. At first I was like, "Oh No" and rushing over to seperate, then I watched and realized everyone was too tired to chase or hassle each other. They never paid the yearling filly any notice at all! Just looked up , said " cute girl" and went back to eating, or so it seemed. She acted very proud of herself, strutting by the big boys while her "sister" filly watched from the other side of the fence.
Now they are both in with the broodmares, who really keep them in line.
I am hoping the plow comes before nightfall as I need to get my daughter to the airport in the morning. Right now the drive, all 1000 ft. of it, is completely covered by drifts again and impassable. We had to cancel the Hunt Ball scheduled for this weekend because of too much snow and I am really disappointed. I wanted to cut loose as The Queen of Hearts at our Mardi Gras Ball and party like the New Orleans natives. Next weekend!!
And I wish people wold stop telling me how nice it is in Florida right now!!! I get it. But I get to say I lived thru the Snownami of 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment