Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day to all my loved ones, family and friends. I am letting the husband sleep in while I get up to go feed. That's my Valentine to the horses- I am getting up to feed!- if that's not true love I don't know what is!
Went to see the movie Valentine's Day last night (very sweet) and then came home for martinis. A lovely evening with the one I love. My son sent me flowers, so nice- I was so impressed. And, of course , Michael remembered roses and chocolates- does he know me or not!
The sun is just coming up behind me , hitting all that snow and being very sparkly. The birds are starting their songs and so another day begins. I have a lot to be thankful for and it is a good morning to say a silent thanks to the gods of the world and the infinite spirit of love. I want to say that I am grateful. I think I broke another finger on my right hand yesterday, the middle finger, as a yearling jerked away. Don't know what it is about that hand but it is a reminder of my fragility. So, I am grateful for my strength, funny way to get to it, but every time I am hurt I am so happy that I am alive. Maybe that's why people like dangerous hobbies (read Thoroughbred babies), because there is always that element of danger and imminent hurt
to keep you on your toes. I've broken a lot of those too!
Love to all my family and friends. Enjoy this day and be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment