Saturday, February 20, 2010

It can always get worse...


Just when you think nothing else will go wrong, something does! My "lame " horse is doing very bad. We're afraid it is cancer, as we have ruled just about everything else out. The vet took blood and fecal and said there is no sign of organ failure- but she is sure failing. It is heartbreaking- this business can really hurt sometimes. This was my mare that won the Yearling TB Championship two years ago and now she is dying. I am the chairwoman of our annual Hunt Ball and have to go tonight while all this is going on. Even though I probably can't do anything else to help her I feel awful. She is still eating , so there is a small chance. We are giving her strong antibiotics and painkillers , so .... This mare has her picture on a Legends feed bag right now too. Go figure.
Wishing I could be at Will's last season game tonight, but have to be elsewhere as mentioned. It 's hard to be cheery today.

No comments:

Post a Comment