Thursday, January 19, 2012

a year later

A year ago I was off to California to pick wedding cakes and wedding flowers with Sarah. We were planning a wedding shower for Sam and Stephanie. It was a very big year. Now I have a quieter year and truly looking at the next chapter of my life. The horses are still a primary focus, but with the capital funds needed to pursue horse breeding on a big profitable scale still somewhat outside my realm, I am thinking about other thing. I want to finish my book about the history of the Hunt Club. As soon as taxes are done I am back to researching and doing that. It is really interesting and I love reading all the old Tally-Ho's and stories from the old members. The 75th Anniversary Hunt Ball that I spearheaded this month has been fully subscribed and we are planning a wonderful Ball. The magazine, Garden and Gun, has been invited and I am hoping they will come and do a story. That would be so cool. It is going to be a great night!
Sarah is starting to look at buying a house with Kevin and I am trying to figure out how to regularly see Sam and Steph. Everyone is so busy. We are getting together for Mike's Mom's birthday on Saturday. A year ago she had a pacemaker and defibrillator put in and has been doing well all year. Amazing modern medicine!
Will's basketball tournament is at end of Feb. Looking forward to some more games in Lexington.
The foals are going to start coming also at the end of February- I have 5 coming! It will be a busy spring. We have sent Primequest down to Paddy O'Prado and I will breed only one other as some are retiring this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment