Tuesday, January 24, 2012

foggy morning

I will take fog any day, it is going to be above 50 degrees today, mid January! The blankets come off the broodmares and you know they are all going to roll in the mud. I'll be watching the foaling video cam in about a month, so am sleeping lots now!  This is a photo from last year. The champion Rachel Alexander had her first colt on Jan 22, by Curlin. Talk about horse royalty! They posted a video on FB and it was a little gratifying to see the little fellow has a "crooked" front leg. Goes to prove you can have all the money in the world and the best horse in the world and it is still about luck! They will straighten that leg out real fast, you can bet!

I watch these Presidential debates and the only thing I really am struck by is how easily these guys all LIE!
You know Newt Gingrich probably did ask his wife for an open marriage and now he is saying he was only a historian for Freddie Mac- pul-leese- who pays a "historian" $25K a MONTH. And why does Freddie Mac need a historian who is also running for president. I concerns me how easily they just lie whenever it is convenient.  I dislike all the Republican candidates and I really want somebody to beat Obama and I think there are lots of people are like me. I would vote for Hilary Clinton at this point!

Almost finished my tax "data entry" compiling. I enter all my expenses at year-end into my Quicken and take a look at "where the money went". It is always a surprise to see how expensive groceries have become  and how much I spend on gas  etc. Glad the weddings are done and that I had a client with a couple of broodmares this year. Also a mare I co-bred, Baltimore Belle,  did very well this year and earned me almost $20K  in breeder's bonuses. A life -saver for a small breeder. I hope the fact that the foal crop is dropping will help this small breeder in the future. Still trying to figure out to whom to breed couple of mares. Maryland is almost gone as a TB breeding state-sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment