Thursday, January 26, 2012

late January- Pia racing and hunting in the mud

It has been remarkably warm this January, tomorrow morning it is supposed to be 60 degrees! And raining.  I love the warmer weather and I will take mud over cold anytime, but yesterday was a muddy hunt with Howard County-Iron Bridge. We had canceled and I was tacked up and ready, so said , Heck, I'm going hunting". Their Master of Foxhounds asked everyone to try to stay off the muddy paths to "save" them !! The mud was ankle deep on most paths and in a few places my little mare was knee deep in sloggy mush! Save the path! I have no idea what he meant. We had one good run which ended under the power line on grass!, which was a welcome change. I love going to see my friends at HCIB, but they do have some rocky, rough trails. Our members think our crossings are tough, they have some that should be on a cross-country course.  Good event training.
I hope we actually manage to dodge any big snow or ice this year. Our hunt ball is scheduled in March and I am praying for a lovely evening. It is going to be a magical night, our 75th Diamond Jubilee, and to be held at a member's home, historic Tulip Hill. It is a sold-out affair that I have chaired with a great committee.
My filly is running again on Saturday. I have a wedding to attend at 3PM,  the race goes off about 5:20 and the wedding reception starts at the same time. I am going to try to do it all!! My little Mini will be racing up 97 itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment