Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunday's hunt

We had a great hunt yesterday, chasing a large red from one end of our country to the other. I was galloping flat out on Red to stay abreast of hounds as they followed Mr. Renard thru a ravine deep in woods that border Rte. 2! I kept hoping he was making wide circle but as I burst out into last clearing beside the road I thought , "you know, maybe he crossed the road"! I was sure it was a coyote because of the speed, but several other whips viewed the wily fellow and were sure it was the same red. We stopped the hounds at the road and left that fellow to find him another day. I do think that he made that circle but sometimes, especially with puppies and hounds getting strung out, we have to break them off that close to a road. Once in a while I am very happy that I have a very fast horse and a gun! It was a lovely, sunny day and the kind of exhilarating run that leaves me grinning.
I may have a new foxhunter as my three year old filly is coming home from racetrack. She needs a new job! I think she just really did not like racing, never wanting to burst past the leaders. When they become content to gallop in the back, it is time to seek new employment!!  So, I have a very attractive black TB looking for a new home. She is lovely, not too fast and would make a great hunter. Call me!
I am going down to see Will's basketball game tonight  and it always makes me happy to see him. Had dinner with Sam last Friday and talked with Sarah last night. She was "on set" and happy.  All's good.
The Hunt Ball is sold out and going to be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment