Saturday, October 1, 2011

Piedmont Hounds- Day 4

Well, they saved the best for last. We had the most awesome run yesterday at Piedmont. We met at Atoka which is one of their best fixtures I was told and we ran and ran and jumped and saw the most beautiful scenery. The Piedmont is gorgeous. Everyone needs to hunt with this group once in their life. Once may be enough for some but it is an exhilarating experience. They have a lot of fox, hounds never seem to check for long. The last run of the day was miles of galloping through manicured farms and estates (seemed like golf course type manicuring). We ended up and Ben Zohar's estate, beautiful red fox ahead by 100 yards, all hounds on, stretched out with maybe 40 riders galloping in a row behind. Gregg Ryan said to me later, "looked like a National Geographic photo", I wished my friend Isabel had been there for that photo op. I did not get picked , seems ex-racehorses are not quite the type that wins but it was so much fun. Polly banged her knee on one big wall, it blew up, we lost a shoe and I still have a sh**-eating grin on my face. I guess you can tell I loved it. Now to focus on son's wedding plans . One more week! Can't wait to see my family too!

No comments:

Post a Comment