Thursday, October 20, 2011

Glenmore Hunt- Day 4

Today was windy and cold. I did not bring warm enough clothes for this wind. We were hunting near a place called Buffalo Gap with Glenmore Hunt in the Shenandoah Valley and the members said it is windy there most of the time. Yikes!  The best part was they have PenMaryDel hounds like Marlborough (my hunt) and it was very nice to hear their beautiful voices again. I have been hunting with Crossbreds and American hounds these past few hunts and I love PenMaryDels the best. The former do not have the deep voice that you can hear all over a covert or a pasture. The Crossbreds are fast, but that just means they disappear fast and then you can't hear them!! In the kind of windy conditions we had today the Penmarydels were perfect. Glenmore even has some drafts from Marlborough, so I was able to see some old faces, Nimble, Lansdale, Leia and Oprah to mention a few. They were doing very well and are beloved! The country is so gorgeous, open and unending views of the mountains. We really have nothing like it in Maryland so I am enjoying the beauty of these different hunts and everyone is so friendly and inviting. I saw some old friends also, Hugh Brown and his friend Jim. They were respectively field secretary and fieldmaster!. I remember loaning them a horse for their first hunts with Marlborough quite a few years ago. Tomorrow is Middlebrook, another hunt in the Shenandoah. The colors of the fall leaves are peaking right now, so it is spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment