Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Farmington Hunt -Day 8


Farmington Hunt is close to Charlottesville and was the largest turnout so far I think. A lot of riders. Another picture perfect fall day along the Blue Ridge, we spent most of the day in lovely woods, up and down hills and back and forth across a big stream (little river?). American hounds worked very well for the huntsman and wife whipper-in Irish duo who have been at Farmington for 11 years I was told.They didn't look that old, must have been very young when they started here! Nice big jumps and a couple of decent runs. I think I liked the river fording the best , as we entered the stream and walked several hundred feet downriver ( or up) each time to exit riverbed. It was very beautiful. I wonder what trout think of horses? I can't believe it has been 8 days of beautiful weather, this trip has been fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment