Monday, April 18, 2011

tree house days

This is a photo of my kids old tree house. It is sadly in disrepair, but I turned while watching a sunrise and thought it looked like an astonished treehouse! The expression made me smile and remember the shouts and laughter that came from it years ago. I can't quite bring myself to have it removed from tree and I laugh whenever I look at it. Maybe I am leaving it for grandkids! The spring is rolling in, yesterday was really lovely, beautiful and sunny after a really yucky Saturday. The tulips are opening up, in fact, the blossoms this year have been fantastic. We wandered around downtown Annapolis yesterday, just window shopping with a lot of other people, tourists. Annapolis is just not the small town I once knew anymore. Anybody remember Muelhmeisters ice cream at 2AM? I used to go there after writing really late night papers at St. John's College. All the strange people came out about then and you knew everyone who was walking around Main Street. How about the old T-shirt someone had printed with " Annapolis- 200 die in lover's quarrel". I think I am really dating myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment