Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Purple haze

It is finally warm enough to start the morning back on my little patio, watching the sunrise.  I am excited, it is like going back to a vacation spot that holds wonderful memories. I love sitting here and watching, like this morning, the sky change from black to pink to purple haze. I just realized what Hendricks must have meant. This morning is a lilac colored morning!! Our band of hispanic brothers came last night and mowed finally so the yard looks beautiful, like an English manor house. I was starting to worry that cars would appear on cement blocks in the backyard it was looking so bad. Much prefer the country manor look. Across for my chair, the tulips have bloomed and their bright red heads are a splash of color on a green carpet. I am going to Pimlico this morning to see how my two-year old is progressing. My young Irish trainer likes her, had her galloping in 60 days and took her into track last week. This was the one I was unable to sell at last year's auction, so I hope and pray that she can run a little. I have her full sister and her only hope is that big sis can win a race. I read somewhere once that the no owner of a two-year old ever committed suicide! One just imagines that each year the new  prospect  is going to set the world on fire and the excitement just keeps you going. Good thing because the broodmares in breeding season can depress the heck out of you. Neither mare in Kentucky got pregnant on their first cover and my clients mare is over three weeks late! Thank God I am not having to foal watch that one. She is still at Murmur because of Sarah's wedding, but I can't believe how late she is going. Carol and I have to figure out how to get another  mare up to NY in a few days and it looks like it will be our long drive after the quotes were in the $1500.00 range! A lot is riding on that two -year old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment