Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday was a wonderful day

Yesterday was just a great day! It was super lovely outside, warm and a record breaker. I spent the day helping re-seed and drag all my pastures. Even tho' the fields look sad and bare after dragging I enjoyed being a farmer and getting my hands in the dirt (so to speak). Sometimes the sun on your shoulders, walking in fields and just being rooted to the earth is better than a million massages. The tension just drains out and you b-r-e-a-t-h-e.  Sarah came back from her Jamaican honeymoon, called from Charlotte enroute to California, and my world felt right again. I had not liked that I did not know where she was. I understood their fairy tale honeymoon of disappearing on an island retreat but I was delighted and relieved to hear her happy voice saying, "We're back!" She said they had a wonderful time, it was a romantic and a perfect way to start their  married life- full of memories.  My shoulders came down a little further. And my friend brought over our first and second !! place ribbons from this weekend's hunter pace. I had taken a very leisurely pace because I was on  my four year old ( the one who tried very hard to die last year), who has not done very much at all. She was terrific, jumped both high and low, quietly and in perfect form. I was so pleased with her.  I am off today to see my two-year old at Pimlico, who has gone into the track. Trainer says she is doing great, which is good because she actually was a bit of a witch as a baby. Glad he broke her, not me. And to round out all this good feeling news, another breeder friend of mine, who is on the Maryland Horse Breeders board, said he voted for Carol (my partner) and I , as Breeder of the Year!!!, for our horses we bred,  Baltimore Bob and Baltimore Belle. We were the only breeders to have two stakes winners in this past year, not most money, but pretty good. I didn't even know we were nominated!!  Have to note these little victories, sometimes it is these little milestones that are the bright lights in a dull day. Yesterday was very sparkly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment