Wednesday, April 27, 2011

grey cloud morning

You know when you read a book and it says . " The clouds were scudding by fast...". I always thought that was the weirdest word - scudding- but this morning they are doing just that.  Moving very fast, layers of grey clouds are sweeping across the early morning sky. The blue that is glimpsed behind seems happy and soft, while the grey clouds seem like a bad mood that keeps covering up and smothering it. Poetic huh?  The color of the sky sets the tone of the day. I just have to remember that behind the dark cloud there is still the serene, warm blue of a a beautiful, cloudless day. It hasn't gone anywhere, it is merely hidden from the casual view. As I sit and watch this Nantucket -type morning, waiting for the next break in the cloud to see the blue again, I imagine being able to always hang onto that thought. I am the same, no matter which color cloud I am wearing. The blue is the constant, which means if I stay out in the breeze, the dark moods will blow away!!  I am not in a dark mood, just trying to enjoy a grey morning! The flies must be getting bad because the horses are banging on the fence rails and knocking each other about- must want to come in. I was going to go to Pimlico this morning to see two year old, but decided to stay home and work the babies and ride and save gas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment