Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter Weekend

Good Friday was rainy and cool, hoping today is better. The mare finally had her baby, a nice big colt. I am glad she foaled away. I would have been worried about such a late foal, but mother and baby are great. Clever Buddha gets rebred tomorrow, we could call this baby Resurrection ! I hope that is not being sacrilegious- no harm intended. When the holidays roll around I miss calling my Mom to wish her Happy Easter or whatever, but I imagine her being able to watch all the family stuff all the time now and not having to wait on phone calls.  Least I like to think that is a part of heaven, sort of a permanent Skype link to your loved ones! She just can't criticize my choices!! I imagine Mom, Dad and Ian (my brother) are having their own Easter dinner and talking about all of us. It makes it me smile to think of them together, she would be so happy to be with both her "men" and having no pain.  Sarah is a married woman now, having her first Easter as a wife! The pictures of  her wedding are so beautiful. Will came home from driving his girlfriend home to Chicago area for spring break, speaking very lovingly of her and her family. I lay in bed last night and realized all three of my kids have someone who loves and cherishes them, who loves them for the wonderful souls that they are. How lucky they are and what an awesome thought that was for me. It was a good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment