Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June hot


How did June get here so fast? We had a lovely Memorial Day weekend, visiting with Stephanie's family, some wedding "planning", good food, good times. The foal who had surgery seems to be doing great, still on antibiotics but I think she is going to be an awesome little filly. I was doing follow-up care on all the mares and one needs to be flushed. Just when you think you are all done , something else pops up. Glad vet caught it. Otherwise we are done. I am not breeding anything, a first in 10 years!. I am both sad and glad about that.
Now, I am looking forward to an upcoming trip to the Low Country! A wedding in Charleston and then onto to Beaufort and Savannah, with a couple of days in Hilton Head. A change in routine is almost as enjoyable as traveling. I am so glad the last mare foaled a week early and we got the surgery done and the mare's looked after. I can relax and read a book. Mike got an IPad for his birthday (early) and is madly loading books etc. I have a Kindle , so we are set!

No comments:

Post a Comment