Friday, June 25, 2010

heat wave

Another day is dawning, into another perfectly blue, perfectly cloudless sky. Normally I would be delighted but it means another scorcher of a day I fear. Yesterday we broke all the records and hit 100 degrees. I keep thinking of the February snows and trudging through drifts over my thighs and that helps a lot in the cooling mindset. I get my chores done by 8:30AM, the mares and babies are under fans all day, the old guys stay under the trees right by the stream in the dark green coolness . And when it is just unbearably hot, headache hot, I think of those fat snowflakes coming down - think I will add a picture to remind us of why we really are enjoying this heat wave!! My friends are going to The River, as they say, to float down it all weekend. This sounds really, really nice. I will be dragging my yearlings butt around a show ring in 95 degree heat, hoping to impress a judge so that someone will buy said yearlings in another couple months , for at least enough to cover the bills! I think the hot weather is getting to me. I love what I do , just the heat and the flies start to make me think about other ways to earn a living, like writing about it!!. Speaking of jobs, my youngest is working for a car dealership this summer and it is hilarious hearing all the used car salesman stories. He is learning so much about truth and how to deal with people pi__ed off about their cars when the service department lies to them and he has to placate them. Life skills. At least he is in air-conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment