Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hot Equinox


Summer solstice was last night and I went to Michael's lacrosse game, one to see the game and two 'cause I wanted to see how late it did stay light, being the longest day of the year etc. Well, I was driving home, after getting completely lost in Howard County, and it was still light enough to sit outside and enjoy the evening at 9:30PM. Seemed like a long day to me! It is supposed to be a scorcher today, the second day of summer!! so I am up early and getting those barn chores done now. Working yearlings in the round pen is mindlessly boring and Hot. I enjoy their beauty, but will be happy to finish Yearling Show on Sunday, then take a break on training for a month before starting again building muscle in August. Julia sends me pictures of Polly, the filly I sent to her in Florida, and she is having fun. I can't imagine riding in that heat. Speaking of fillies, my "sick" mare is doing well. Only slightly lame and looks a million times better. I think she is going to make a full recovery. Absolutely a miracle. She is already pushing the yearlings around, 6 months ago I was sure she would be dead in the morning! Every one else is fat and happy in cool pastures under trees. I am a cool weather rider, they all get the summer off.

No comments:

Post a Comment