Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's getting colder!


It is definitely getting colder. I burrow deeper into that down comforter for a few more minutes in the morning, watching the sun lit up the treetop. The colors are emerging like gold,orange and red butterflies all over the trees. After coffee I step outside and you can't help but breathe deep. The air is colder, crisp and smells faintly of wood smoke from the neighbor's fire. Oh boy! I can bring some firewood in and we can have a evening fire. I love this time of year.
The horses are getting their winter coats. That means clipping and blankets for the hunters, and the yearlings already have been wearing their "pajamas" to keep them sleek for the sale. The sale starts this weekend. I am taking the colts up on Friday. I hope they sell, they look really good. Wish I could keep and race them but no can do.
Time to put on a jacket and go feed. Mares are waiting patiently by the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment