Thursday, October 8, 2009

October beauty


Now that the sales are done I can relax and enjoy what I do. October is such a beautiful month for riding. The colors are magnificent and it seems to smell like Fall. Woodsy, smokey and clean, with no humidity. It is invigorating. So, after not riding for days I took the two mares and Red, my TB gelding , for trail rides. The gelding just cruises along with the most awesome ground covering gallop. Nothing spooks him and he is a fabulous jumper-he just makes it easy and is always a pleasure. The mares are both Mares! At least neither is a chestnut mare-they are the worst. But these two can be so stupid. A squirrel running across her path gave "Polly" a heart attach and her head came up and she smashed the side of my face with her neck. Ouch. But she is very brave and no longer worries about the troll! Small victories. The grey mare is pregnant but she is young and very attractive and I keep thinking she would make a lovely hunter. If she doesn't kill me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment