Saturday, September 12, 2009

Trojans

I am watching the USC-Ohio game, still in LA. Sarah is working and I am hanging out, missing my guy :( who is back home in MD watching the same game. I like the USC Trojans, they have the same colors as the Redskins (my team), and my daughter and her boyfriend are USC alum. I hope they win. I met Sarah's boyfriend Kevin last night and thought he was a great guy- good for Sarah. I liked him very much.
I love watching football. Watching great athletes is a pleasure whether they are Thoroughbred horses winning races or NFL running backs jumping over defensive linemen. I watch it hoping to see athletic greatness and sometimes you do. John Elway was awesome to watch when he threw the ball. It took me a long time to figure the game out but now I get it and I love to watch it for those moments when a perfectly executed play works. It is perfect. When a receiver just reaches a little bit more and lifts the ball out of the air before hugging it into him on the way to earth. Perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment