Friday, September 11, 2009

Hollywood


I am visiting my daughter in Los Angeles for the weekend and it is so different from my life that I could be on Mars. Imagine the scene in Star Wars in Jabba the Hut's bar, remember all the weird aliens. Sarah is playing Marilyn Monroe in a music video that is being shot off of Santa Monica Blvd. in a little bar called Trip! No kidding! They are also channeling all the famous dead (and living) presidents that you can imagine. Lincoln is a cool 7-footer ,at least with the top hat, being chased by John Wilkes Booth. How they end up in this bar in Hollywood where Bill Clinton is holding court with Nixon, Washington, Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt , oh, and JFK, I have not figured out. My daughter is JFK's date. There is another Sarah here who is Clinton's current paramour. She looks like Amanda Seyfried, much prettier than any of Bill's girls.

The whole scene is somebody's dream, maybe? I haven't heard the music yet, remember this is a music video shoot, but I have met all the band. The guitarist's dad is from Annapolis (my part of the world) via Dartmouth University and Chicago. The other Sarah is from Dartmouth, new to LA, trying to be an actress..

It is definitely a long way from ... a horse farm. But really fun to see my daughter's world and what she does. And a nice break from mucking stalls and feeding horses. I will miss horses in about 48 hrs. but for now I am enjoying the show! And Sarah makes an awesome Marilyn Monroe, she is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment