Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday morning hunting


Today was a beautiful, beginning of fall cool morning. We met at Mary's Mount for cubbing at 6:30 AM. It was crisp and clear, just cool enough to wear a hacking jacket. We circled the corn, hunting the game(fox) that feeds on the dropped corn. Several runs, several hours later, we called it a day. I was trying my new horse, Red. It was his first day whipping and he was great actually. A little antsy when out of sight of any other horse but didn't spook or get upset otherwise. There was a big blue heron that kept lifting off from the pond and he was cool with that too. I miss Louis, my big guy, but until his coffin bone heals he is sidelined. Red did a very good job considering he is green. The other whip, Greg, was also on a new horse so the whole morning could have been a disaster but it wasn't. Yahoo.
My husband , Mike, was out on his steadfast quarter horse, Bob. I love riding by and seeing him in the second field. When we got together years ago I said," of course, you will go hunting, it's easy". Years later he loves it and has forgiven me my little white lie. (Not really so easy- he holds the record for most falls in one day!)

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha thats hysterical, poor mike.
    sounds like a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete