Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rolling Stones concert at Verizon Center

I took a chance, thinking the Stones may never tour ago and just went to the Verizon Center last night. I have scalped some great tickets at football games in the past, so thought "what the heck!". Well, the scalpers were all wanting $600 for the nosebleed seats so I was thinking my chances were pretty slim as I had a mere $200 cash in pocket. They laughed at me. But.. I had a stroke of luck, a fellow quietly walked up to me and said he had an extra ticket for the "pit"- standing room only, right in front, was I interested?  Just had to pay the $85 he had been charged as a member of the fan club!!! Yes!!! I ended up right in front, hanging on to the barrier in front of the stage. Keith Richards and Mick Jagger definitely look all of 70, but nobody can prance like Jagger! He reminded me of a panther. He is whip thin and moves like a cat, all sinewy and lithe. Richards is the most charming old pirate. I was so lucky to catch them for one last time - the songs are timeless and awesome, and I danced and felt like a kid. Rock and roll forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment