Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sarah as Rosalind

Just returned from Los Angeles from my whirlwind weekend with Sarah. I was able to see her perform as Rosalind in "as You Like It" a couple of times- what a treat. She loves to perform and it shows. I thought she was terrific, funny and exuberant, she lights up the stage every time! Los Angeles was fun, same wonderful weather- much cooler than the east coast and infinitely drier!! Came back to green, green everywhere and rain, so much rain. It is fun to step out of my life "on the farm" and be in someone else's life for a bit. What I really notice is that the rhythm of another's life is so different. My schedule of feeding, mucking, walking, riding is natural to me but I love trying on another. I rose later, got into LA traffic and drove with hordes on endless freeways, walked on pavement and entered innumerable cafes. People watching replaced horse watching. You know how we unconsciously always pay attention to the movement of our horse- how they walk up to greet you or how they jog away, or gallop in the distance. One can immediately see a discord or bad step and respond. Well, people watching is similar for me. I watch the way they move and walk and greet each other. Body language tells you everything about someone- how their day is going, how they are feeling, what they think of the person they just greeted! People can not pin their ears back like a horse but if you watch they show animosity in physical ways too. Anyway, people watching in LA is fun and I had a great weekend. Mares in Kentucky are getting in foal and the summer slowly warms up. I am enjoying my short visits to the kids and looking forward to the beach when we will all be together!

No comments:

Post a Comment