Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Outer Banks vacation

I took a vacation from everything when we went to the Outer Banks of NC recently, including my blog! This was a special celebration for me as we had invited all the kids and spouses and girlfriend to spend the week with us on the beach. It was to be sort of my 60th birthday gift from them. It was a wonderful week of sun and beach and family. Laughter and sibling bonding and cooking rivalry and jigsaw puzzles and Scabble- you name it, we probably did it! We watched the fireworks on top the Nags Head Dune, which had a 360 degree view of many seaside town celebrations. We ate North Carolina BBQ in a local dive and decided it was the best meal we had out! The weather was great, enough sun, not too hot with daily rain showers which made the hot tub really inviting once a day. Watching all my kids boogie boarding in the waves again was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment