Monday, June 3, 2013

visit with Will and Annie in Charlotte

I had a wonderful weekend with William and Annie in Charlotte. Will was able to take me up to his office in the Hearst building and I was so impressed. Huge office, trading floor and impressive glimpse into the financial world that is Will's life right now. Leading me thru many security checkpoints, his desk is in a room straight out of Wall Street the movie. It was very early morning, so empty but I could imagine the chaos it would have seemed to me at a regular hour. Helped to see where he has been spending all his time this past year. Then we drove to Asheville and Annie and Will showed me her apartment ( very cute) and the famous Biltmore. An American Downton Abbey, it is an incredible home. An architectural  masterpiece that is amazing to imagine a private family called this home. Simply too huge to really imagine except I have watched Downton Abbey and now understand how an estate like this is really a village of people and gives work to so many people. Very beautiful and the cool breezes really did keep the massive place comfortable without air conditioning.  It was a great visit and I was so happy to see Will. Truly I am relinquishing the "mom" role and becoming an admirer of my children! Will has accomplished so much and I am so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment