Tuesday, February 26, 2013

rain,rain ..

It is going to rain again today which will mean that they will cancel hunting tomorrow AGAIN I am sure. The ground is saturated, although the spring coming means the sap is rising and the moisture is sucked up quickly. But it is muddy and landowners are justifiably concerned- but I miss hunting.  The season is almost over, but I hope to get out with Bull Run for their end-of-season blast called March Madness. They hunt 6 days in a row, culminating with their Hunt Ball.  And the hunter paces do begin soon also:)  I suppose I should be very glad the the big storms hitting the midwest have spared us. Cold this winter  but we did escape the huge snows- knock on wood. And I am looking forward to Paris, although Mike says it has snowed there every day! Check out this beautiful fox!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain regarding the rain, the cold, and the cancelled hunting! But, Charlotte is in the midst of her final lacrosse season at Princeton, and so I am on the road three days a week now. Eases the pain of missing out on hunting. Somewhat! Hope you are well....intrigued about the Bull Run March Madness. Had not heard of this! Sounds FUN! XO

    ReplyDelete