Thursday, November 1, 2012

after the Hurricane

This was the sunrise yesterday. Beautiful. We got our power back about 10PM last night . Whoopee, funny how that seems to right the world, the ability to have instant power. Now I feel like I can go back to my usual routine while, without power, I let my life be interrupted and I sat in front of a fire with a good book and just stopped for awhile. It actually was nice and I had been meaning to read that book for awhile. No power gave me permission! to take a break and relax. I think mentally I will cut the power more often! It was a beautiful morning after but heartbreaking to see the devastation on the Jersey shore. No funny jokes about Jersey Shore now, those people have a tough rebuild ahead. I watch all that oceanwater in the streets and people wading in it and I wonder , " do sharks come in ?" I would be a little worried about what was in that water! I hope it recedes quickly for them. And I am grateful for once we were spared a Hallowe'en snowstorm- 30 inches in West Virginia! However I am happy that my streams are full again, first time in months. The water did not even overrun the banks during this hurricane which lets me know how low our water table must have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment