Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy to have family coming for Thanksgiving

I am delighted to have family coming to visit over Thanksgiving, Will and Annie. We will all eat too much but thoroughly enjoy it. I am making pies and prepping the kitchen, making timelines to cook a turkey dinner and go foxhunting all on the same day. Crazy tradition but one I do love. Have to squeeze in time to change bandages on the weanling that just had surgery !  I am about to go out and attempt the first change- hope I can do by myself!   We just came back from Lexington, KY and the Keeneland sales. Had a wonderful time, seeing some very expensive new and old stallions and some  fabulous stallion facilities. Hill n'Dale looks like a French chateau's stable with Seattle Slew's statue in the center. Midnight Lute stands there. We took a picture with A P Indy, the grand daddy of the Kentucky studs. Now retired but still enjoys center stage at Lane's End. Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. Remember to give thanks and hug all your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment