Sunday, November 4, 2012

dramatic sky

Today is our rescheduled Opening Hunt (thanks to Superstorm Sandy). The sky was a dramatic pink early this morning as I was up with dogs who do not subscribe to daylight savings.  They happily went back to bed as I went out to feed and organize our first formal hunt foray of the year. Opted not to braid, as the rescheduled day is also a Junior Hunt and I never really like to braid anyway. It should be a beautiful day and I enjoyed the ritual donning of a crisp white stock, tying it tightly at my neck with its gold pin. Something elegant and from a time gone bye about a stock tie. The husband looks very good in his white britches and scarlet coat. I just realized it reminds me of Downton Abbey and what must have been a time consuming habit of dressing formally for dinner every evening. They looked really good tho'.

No comments:

Post a Comment