Monday, August 1, 2011

Mom would have been 87 today...

August 1st. Mom would have been 87 today. Ian would have had his 62nd birthday on July 1st and the baby of the family, Patti, has a birthday on September 1st. I always liked the symmetry of these summer birthdays. Every month began with a party! Well I hope Mom, Ian and Dad are having a scotch  and a beer to celebrate together. They are missed by their three girls. It is a cloudless, beautiful day to begin August. I hope it is not as hot as July though. I am ready for the early part of Fall and another wedding. August always seemed to go by fast. Years ago it was getting school clothes, now it is getting horses ready for hunting . Yay!!  I do feel the urge coming back. I am so ready to stop riding by April and closing hunt, but August rolls around and I am ready to get back in action. Happy Birthday Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment