Wednesday, August 24, 2011

feeling safer in LA!....

Yesterday was a trip. My plane was delayed 5 hours because of a lightning strike earlier ( had to change planes) and while waiting at BWI, we had a 5.9 earthquake in MD. I thought a plane had hit the terminal, Michael thought it was a terrorist attack, Will thought a very large hay truck was too close to the house . It was over as soon as everyone realized it as actually an earthquake. A woman from LA standing beside me in airport said," Crazy, I leave LA and find an earthquake in the East."  Everyone's sentiment- crazy. And now I hear a hurricane is aimed for MD just when I am supposed to fly back this weekend. Too much.  The funny thing was I sent my son down to check on farm manager, who was mowing back horse pasture during quake. He said he never noticed or felt a thing, tho he thought the field was bumpier than usual!  I was afraid the big John Deere might have dumped him, but nope- not a thing!!! I wonder what it would have felt like if we had been riding?
I am now sitting in a Starbucks in Santa Monica, about to go to Rodeo Drive and window shopping with Sarah, like Pretty Women. It is beautiful and very Californian.

No comments:

Post a Comment