Friday, May 27, 2011

mini vacation

Michael and I had a couple of lovely days and a break from routine in Charleston, SC. Wandered South of Broad! and enjoyed southern food, charm and a slower pace of life. We ate, walked, talked, ate some more, drank, took afternoon naps and didn't do much!  Very nice. This is a picture of the two hundred and fifty year old live oaks at the Boone Plantation. That is where they filmed the series North and South. Very beautiful, old and looks like Gone with the Wind.  Another house we visited in Charleston was the Calhoun Mansion. I do not think I have ever seen a house with more stuff inside- fabulous wood interiors and trim etc,  more antiques and collectibles than I would have thought was possible to acquire in one lifetime and the owner is still collecting! Went to the beach one day and biked around the Citadel another.  Now, we are back to routine and it is finally hot. Be careful what you ask for, I guess. I need to get stalls done before 8AM and work yearlings before 9:30 or it is really yucky.  It is Memorial Day weekend and I am glad oldest son and fiance moved wedding to October. Youngest son and his girlfriend are here for a visit. Very fun to have a full house. Thanks to all the veterans and have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment