Friday, May 6, 2011

beautiful morning

Went to Pimlico yesterday and watched my two year old filly train.  She is going very well, I was impressed. My young Irish trainer has done a great job with her and let's hope her nasty streak translates into a competitive race mare. He says she eats well and has done every thing asked of her, so I hope I can have some fun with her - maybe race by late summer?  The fields are finally looking very lush after an expensive re-do with herbicide, seed and fertilizer. Had not been in the budget plans but oh well, they are  now looking great. The yearling colt is blooming and the hunters are very lazily enjoying their summer off. The mare that tried to die last year is looking fantastic and jumping three foot. She has done all the hunter paces and is the most natural, effortless jumper I have ever had. She is truly a miracle horse,  I never would have believed she could make such a recovery if I had not been a witness. Life is good today and I am looking forward to Kentucky Derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment