Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kentucky Derby party

Animal Kingdom ran a great race, won the 137th Derby and it was not his fault that I had never heard of him! It was definitely a wide open Derby and my friend who came to our annual Derby party at the last minute, was the lucky soul to win the "calcutta" and go home with more money than he came with!!. Now that's a good party he must be saying. Animal Kingdom has a connection to the Mid-Atlantic, he is Graham Motion's horse and Graham is a great fellow and trainer. So hats off to the Motion team.  Speaking of hats, mine was a big hit at my own party. Almost like the royals at a wedding! And I am now up at 3AM writing my blog because I had perhaps one too many Cosmopolitans. The martinis and cosmos were such a big hit we were running out of the fixings and the end of the party, we realized all the white wine was still in the fridge! No wonder everyone was loving the martinis and cosmos! My pick to win the race, Soldat, came in 6th. The English invader, Master of Hounds ran 5th and because of our calcutta ( the only reason) I know that Comma to the Top ran last- takes 10% of our "pool". We had the best time and I love a good occasion to wear a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment