Tuesday, October 19, 2010

post California

Sarah and I accomplished a lot in two days in California. The date is set and we found the location. It is on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Ventura and the wedding will be beautiful. Kevin's parents were very nice and we had a lovely dinner and they treated me to a Jack Johnson concert that night. Santa Barbara has an ampitheater just like Meriweather Post pavilion, but you can see the ocean from it - very cool. Santa Barbara was lovely. we walked the beach and pier and also checked out a rental home venue WAY up in the hills with incredible views . Ultimately picked place in Ventura tho'. Other things got done but they are secret!
Am now back in MD, prepping weanlings for Dec mixed sale and foxhunting. Oh yeah, did I mention homework!! This class is killing me. The weather out there was just as changeable as Maryland's. That surprised me- fog and dull, then sun, then cool at night.  But I would definitely miss the fall season out there- came home to crisp air and colors all around. Best time of year is the fall here. Geese are honking too in the dawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment