Friday, October 1, 2010

after the flood

This must have been what Noah saw the morning after- the sky is grey and clouds are scudding by, funny, they are racing in the opposite direction from the other morning. I m not sure I will be able to get over the bridge this morning. Looking down from the house all I see is water, may have to get the boat out!!  The mares may be swimming to their buckets. But we really, really needed the rain - so I am not complaining. The weanlings are in at night , so I will waterski behind them as I let them out this morning.  After chores I am going to a celebration of life for a friend who passed away last week. Life is so ironic, this friend's wife lived life to the hilt, traveling all over the world. Had many hair-raising, life threatening close calls in places like Borneo, Kilimanjaro, Mongolia, Africa. I think she is the most adventurous woman I had ever met, so sad that after so many near misses with death , it is her husband (who stayed home for most of the adventures) who lost a short battle with cancer. It is very hard and all her friends wish her strength and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment