Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday night


As this long Thanksgiving holiday weekend is coming to an end , I am watching the last Sunday night football game (Ravens v. Steelers). I love the sound of football, it is somehow synonymous with lovely, lazy Sundays. A week ago I was just coming out of recovery from the thumb surgery and I could hear the game on somewhere. It was reassuring and I, then, turned Monday night football on the next night in my hospital room for the same reassuring sound of home. I like the sound of the announcer's voices. They become so recognizable , they sound like family, kinda talking in the other room. You don't always listen but you like that they are there. My husband has been taking care of me this whole long week of IV's and pain meds etc. He looked at me and said that it had felt like a vacation. I replied, " No, a staycation!" Strange, it has been very nice to spend all this time with him and I will miss him when he goes back to work tomorrow. Even when I am cranky , he is my best friend.

I am watching Michael Oher play football. He is the "star" of the movie "The Blind Side" ,which I went to see Friday night. It was excellent, best movie I've seen in awhile. What a difficult, courageous life full of pain and surprising twists and turns he has had and he is only like -24! I love feel good movies and I guess most people do. The theatre was packed. Long time since I so a movie so full.

Life is good. Our puppy is fun and floppy and soft and smells like a new puppy. My horses are all healthy (knock on wood) at the moment. Louis , the big Warmblood , with the "broken" coffin bone is out in the pasture and seems to be walking OK. I still give him 1 bute a day and he'll probably have the whole year off. I hope he comes around sound- he might. The weanling with the "fat" hind leg is out too, and seems to be moving well. The mares are fat and happy. The old man (Lesat, who is 30) seems to have recovered from a mild colic. So, for this moment I am blessed with healthy animals and I ,too, am getting better. I don't feel 100% but I sure feel better than a week ago , so, healthy is relative and tonight I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment