Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Watching Keeneland Sales


I can watch the Keeneland sales on the TV and follow on the laptop to see if the bids are real or RNA's. Modern technology is amazing. The sales seem down, this is first day of Keeneland November with the best mares in the country for sale and the prices seem moderate. There are a lot of outs - so I think the market is realistically saying there are too many horses being bred, and not enough buyers. Azeri, a Horse of the Year , brought 2.250Million, only 7 figure bid of the day.
I know I am not breeding some of the mares next year.

My friend who was injured on Sunday is stable , which is good. Today, the third day, should see the swelling in brain go down some and then we still wait to see what happens. Prayers and healing thoughts go out to him and his wife from all of us. I include the Ft. Hood families in my prayers as well.

Strange, the news today is all about the execution of the DC sniper. Life and death and the balance of the universe is beyond my understanding. All I know is to love the people in my life and try to do right by everyone all the time. Simple. Dealing with horses is so much easier than people. Horses react from fear almost always, but if you know this, you can predict their behavior most of the time and act accordingly. In that sense they are very straight up. " Scare me and I'm going to run, love me and I will try to trust you and do what you want." My two young mares , off the track, are starting to trust. They are enjoying their walks in the woods and are both actually jumping really well. Small steps but it is very rewarding .

No comments:

Post a Comment