Sunday, October 3, 2021

Danny Boy has a new job

I gave my lovely Thoroughbred, Danny Boy, to Tim at Bull Run to use as a huntsman's horse while I am recuperating. He is young and did not need to just sit around for months. He seems to enjoy his new job and I hope he takes care of Tim as he did me. ( not the one I came off). He had a good race career and has become a great hunter, with a powerful, nice jump. Likes to be in front which is why I let Tim use him this fall. I love him and call him, my "Brad Pitt" horse. The kind of chestnut every one wants. Thank you Laura Roadcap!

Apparently he does not like the hound trailer- probably says it smells like hounds! But he looks good and I know he will have fun in Virginia.

Tomorrow the TAR Field Hunter Championship starts, at Bull Run. I was going to be there on another TB, Frank, who is better in the field. Hard to ask whip horses to go in field but he was the easiest of mine to do that transition. Oh Well! Not this year. Good luck to everyone. It is the most fun and I am sorry to miss. I will be eagerly looking forward to the photos!  

The leg feels better elevated, so I am trying be a good patient. Rather be riding but watching football will work today. I have been enjoying listening to music ( Thank you Alexa), old songs I remember but never hear on the current kind of radio stations. I am fortunate to have a friend to keep riding all the other horses. Even Michael's Quarter horse will get to go occasionally. I watch as she goes by the window and it is fun to see what my horses look like! I actually never see them that way. And she keeps me up to date on all the news and stories. I love that my MD huntsman gives me a little comment about the day's hunting afterwards, so I can still feel connected. It all helps. Thanks guys!
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment