Thursday, September 30, 2021

Princess Blue Sparkles

 

This is my new "Princess  Blue Sparkle" cast! I thought my granddaughter would appreciate, hopefully she can sign it. So ten days after accident, they removed one cast to check out repair. If you don't like gruesome pictures don't look at next two. The one shows where the bone went thru skin, the nest shows the repair site. 15 screws and three plates! I'm officially bionic I think. The surgeon was great, said he was pleased and he recommended the Princess Blue color. Love it. This one stays on for 3 weeks then maybe a boot-type!  Yay. Still no weight-bearing, wants me to keep it elevated and just stay quiet.  The former Marine nurse who put on the cast was so funny. Tattooed arms, military haircut, gently forming the cast with blue bandages, he stood and said  'Oh, the sparkles", ran out, returned with a little bottle of sparkles to sprinkle. At this point I felt foolish, said that's OK, but he proceeded to gently sprinkle fairy dust on my cast and with a flourish swept back his hair - leaving a line of Princess Blue Sparkles along his head! He looked great. 

I am now set up with physical therapy appointments in a month  and was told to perhaps renew hydrocodone RX then! Yikes. Trying just Motrin now So I'm on the mend and grateful for visits and cards and food. Thanks so much. My horses seem happy and life goes on.                                                                                                                                                      




No comments:

Post a Comment