Saturday, October 30, 2021

Stall rest....

I'm on stall rest. I have so much more empathy for my horses when they suffer an injury and need to heal. Pain sucks, it wears away at you. Resting is boring. I understand stall walking and cribbing, both take the mind off the tingling nerve pain. But I also acknowledge the wonder of modern medicine. The first picture is my leg at six weeks post -op. The compound fracture wound is healed and I can almost see both sides of my ankle bones. Amazing! Everything was broken and now it is put back together and I am so grateful to my ortho surgeon. It is really stiff and the pins and needles of nerve "regrowth" is pretty bad at night. I can get around on the crutches some, tho its tiring . I can start to use a cane in a couple weeks and hopefully by mid December be walking "normally".  I am hoping to ride mid January! I guess that will depend on weather.  I asked Mike to build me a bigger mounting platform because the idea of mounting and  dismounting is a little daunting. Though for inspiration I have a good friend who recovered from a similar injury to both legs and who is now riding and showing successfully! So I got this and I'm trying to appreciate that I can get away with basically doing nothing for a bit longer . Meanwhile Danny is enjoying hunting for me!

   
                                                                                                                

 

No comments:

Post a Comment