Wednesday, July 23, 2014

just about a week before I leave for Mongolia...

There is only a week left before I board that United flight for Mongolia! I am so glad I am flying west, over the Pacific, through Tokyo, where I switch to Mongolian Air ! rather than anywhere near war- weary Middle East or Ukraine. I am looking forward to ten days on the steppes, living a nomads life, with no nightly news that makes me sad for the human race.
I quit training ( riding 25 miles) yesterday. I rode one spooky mare, then my lovely gelding and halfway through the next ride on another witchy mare, looking for demons in the corn, I just said-" Enough." I will keep walking the yearling and bike riding maybe, but now I am officially resting. Sounds lovely- I just did not want to fall off and get hurt. The other lovely thing about this last week is that I am eating pretty much whatever I feel like- that is French Fries with the burger! I think the last time I had that attitude was 25 years ago with the last pregnancy! Now I am trying to figure out all the social media outlets that The Adventurists want us to post our updates. Basically for my friends that want to follow my adventure I suggest you Goggle  the Mongol Derby and look for "tracking the riders"   then you will eventually find my name and a dot on the map!!!  Hopefully this dot keeps moving !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment