Friday, May 2, 2014

all the babies are here and I am "Happy"!

Midnight Lute colt
All the babies are here and I am happy and  relieved to get through one more foaling season. No matter how wonderful each birth is, it is always nerve-wracking and there are always anxious moments. So I am "Happy"and dancing out of the barn tonight to the beat of that song! Three here and one in Kentucky, which I hope to see as I need to drive down to Lexington end of the week. Anyone want to go?
Redeemed colt
I keep training for my Mongolian race adventure, riding 3-5 of my own horses every other day. I hope that is getting me fit enough. We go 15-25 miles and even "Bob" is starting to muscle up and look good. He can trot for a solid 4 miles and that's pretty good for him. The Thoroughbreds just cruise around and all I have to watch out for is that stupid heron. But it was a turkey buzzard that got me dumped by Polly again the other day! At least she stands and waits. You figure they have seen enough deer and buzzards, but no, they are the spookiest things, or at least they would have you believe so! Thank you to some of my very dear friends who are starting to help me get to Mongolia. I appreciate the support so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment