Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not sure about the "empty nest"...

The U-Haul is packed and ready for our trip to Charlotte. Will's car is also stuffed to the top with his clothes, books, workout equipment, whatever. It all just barely fit and I'm glad I have two "movers" meeting us to unload all this into Will's new apartment. I am really not sure how I feel about my empty nest. There are now three empty bedrooms upstairs. I walk into them some days and just stand, a little shocked at the space and quiet. Life is full with new plans and my usual routines- 20 horses to feed, ride, etc- but the rhythm of the mom's life is pretty much all gone. It is odd. The kids really have "left". After twenty-two years, those upstairs bedrooms are now used when they "visit". I should be glad, I am glad that three kids have found happiness, husbands, wives and girlfriends, purposeful work, their own credit cards!, but today I am allowed to be sad. Love you all and miss you. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment