Thursday, August 16, 2012

Home and Happy!

It is a beautiful morning, blue cloudless sky and not killer hot! A good day and I am home again and happy. That is the point of Happy Birthday right? Well, I am happy. I always appreciate my birthday because the alternative would really suck - don't mind be another year older, it feels like a gift, the only one I really want - another year. Another year to love my family and to enjoy this life. We had a wonderful vacation trip to the Canadian rockies, seeing my sisters and getting my "fix" of mountains. There is nothing quite like looking at mountains so big they just dwarf everything around them. Puts everything in perspective- we are really just dust motes in history's timeline. The view from the top of the gondola in Banff was so beautiful. I did post pictures so I hope everyone could see the majesty of those mountains. I love getting a break from my routine; that is what is so great about vacation, not having to rush to get everything done and be somewhere at a certain time etc. And after the break, it is great to come home. I love going to bed in my own bed after hotels. It feels so good to curl up in your own spot. The resident hawk was here this morning to say 'hello' and the horses and dogs all did great while we were gone. Thank you Joanie and Ernesto. It was a gift and I appreciate it, the dogs were looking for you guys- you must have spoiled them!

No comments:

Post a Comment