Wednesday, August 29, 2012

last August days.....

I am relaxing with the last August days, watching the sun rise a little later every morning.  The dew and morning fog hangs heavier over the fields. The resident hawk is insistently screaming at me this morning, has his/her partner left? My tack is getting oiled and the britches are being pulled out of the back of the closet. I fetched my brown cubbing boots up from the basement. The rhythm of the fall is pushing back into its place. I am waiting to hear a geese honk as it flies over, then I really know it is time. I wake and wonder "What now?" every morning. As I resume my daily routine, it is like an echo in the back of my mind. The kids are done. I did a good job; three college graduates, two married and homeowners, one starting a wonderful career in a new city, but "Now what?" Writing the book about the hunt club filled all last year, with weddings and buying houses and the last college graduation still occupying the Mom part. Now I need a new career. Part of me wants to just go hunting and see what unfolds, part of me wants to pick up my book about Blackbeard or my vampire girl, part of me wants to pull the covers over my head. What I have to do is go feed!  It is going to be beautiful day and I am going to stop listening to my worrying mind and go feel this new rhythm on top of a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment