Sunday, July 29, 2012

Will's next big adventure

"Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul."
- Democritus


This quote greeted me this morning on Facebook and I thought it was a wonderful thought with which to send Will off on his next adventure in the Big Apple. He is moving into the "real world" of financial analysis  and I think he will have a great time. He, however, is a little anxious. I wanted to remind him, one last time,  of the important things, like doing the "right thing" and integrity and kindness. Of listening to people before launching into your own opinion; that it is not so much that you get it "right" but that you always give 100% and ask the right questions, pay attention and try. Happiness truly does reside within and it springs forth from the smiles of the people around you. People want to be around upbeat people , that is one of Will's great strengths, he is optimistic and a little idealistic, but in a good way. I will miss him greatly and I wish him Godspeed on this next "ride". Love you son.

No comments:

Post a Comment